We help firms ranging in size from those with multiple offices across the country to the local, one person consultant. No matter your size, we provide a committed service team who will listen to your needs, deliver innovative solutions to your issues, make promises that we will keep, and exceed your expectations.
Accounting for Architects + Engineers
Solid support and sound infrastructure
We employ over 45 professionals who specialize in the built industry – a fact our clients value as we provide compliance and consulting services. With our built industry knowledge and financial expertise, we are uniquely qualified to help with your architecture and engineering accounting needs.
In addition to traditional tax compliance and financial statement services, Aldrich offers expertise in these key areas when offering accounting for architects and engineers:
Industry benchmarking and financial analysis
What should my realization or utilization rate be? Am I spending too much money on overhead? Our team of experts can help you answer these questions and more.
Overhead rate (FAR 31) audits and compliance
If you are doing work for the government, you need an overhead rate. We can audit your overhead rate to help you comply with government requirements. We also provide advice to help firms maintain compliance and we provide financial statement reviews, compilations, examinations or agreed upon procedures relative to a firm’s indirect cost role.
Developing a succession plan is a process, not an event, and needs a strategic approach. Our team of transition professionals will take the time to evaluate your best course of action.
- Compensation and bonus analysis
- Operational/internal control reviews
- Retirement plans, including ESOP and 401(k) plans
- Employee benefits, including health/life/disability
What We Do
Engineering and architecture accounting services
- Tax compliance and financial statement services
- Overhead rate (FAR 31) audits and compliance
- Transition planning and ownership succession
- Implementation of 179D and tax credits
- Retirement plan analysis - SEP, ESOP and 401(k)
- Wealth management
- Ratio, trend and value benchmarking
- Business systems and internal controls review
- Accounting + business system support
- AASHTO compliance training + support
- Technology + security systems
- Performance-driven compensation plan development and bonus analysis
Meet Our Professionals
Linda Spongberg, CPA
Aldrich CPAs + Advisors LLP
Linda Spongberg joined the firm in 2001. She has worked in public accounting for over a decade, providing accounting, consulting, and tax-related services, mainly to architecture, engineering and construction companies. Linda has expertise in financial preparation and reporting and also helps businesses with ongoing business planning and consulting such as budgeting, tax planning and cash…
- Architects and engineers
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accounting, consulting and tax-related services
Looking for Support?
Are you a benefits recipient or looking for help with your client account? Send us an email at email@example.com
Have a question?
Contact us to speak with one of our advisors.