Local guidance for a global reach
Expanding and operating across borders is a challenging but rewarding commitment for your business. Growing to your current size means you’ve invested a lot, and we understand you want to avoid unnecessary risks.
It’s critical that you focus on your business and not get lost in the details of cross-border tax rules. At Aldrich Advisors, we are passionate about helping businesses of all sizes navigate the complexities of international tax, allowing you to focus on the day-to-day operations of your business.
Whether you’re a US taxpayer doing business in foreign countries or a foreign business entering the US market, it’s important to have an advisor who is aligned with your business objectives. We will support your journey with pragmatic solutions to the following cross-border challenges and opportunities.
Core International Tax Services
- Ensure compliance with US tax law such as Global Intangible Low Taxed Income and Subpart F
- Take full advantage of export incentives, including IC-DISCs and the foreign-derived intangible income deduction (FDII)
- Leverage foreign tax credits to enhance savings
- Provide transfer pricing documentation
- Analyze transfer pricing structures and transactions
- Support global restructuring to enhance overall operations
- Arrange transactions subject to the Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA)
- Optimize operations subject to Passive Foreign Investment Corporations (PFICs)
- Conduct tax treaty analysis + withholding tax analysis
- Guide your approach to foreign branches + corporations
- Provide guidance + management for foreign trusts
- Assist with international tax planning + strategy
- Use Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (FEIE) to reduce taxable income
- Create international and domestic expansion plans + recommend global entity structures
- Ensure compliance under the Foreign Bank + Financial Accounts (FBARs) disclosure
- Facilitate cash management between countries
- Blend tax advisory + accounting with a holistic range of other business advisory services, including transaction services, quality of earnings, and more
US Outbound Businesses
As a US company operating in foreign countries, you face a significant amount of tax challenges including cross-border transactions, cross-border cash management, foreign currency risk, foreign country VATs and GST, or establishing entities overseas. Our advisors will make sure you have the support you need, where you need it. In addition to our core services, we will assist you with Form 5471, Form 8858, FinCEN Form 114 (FBAR), and other reporting requirements.
US Inbound Businesses
The US has a complex tax landscape, with different laws in every state that often differ from federal tax laws. For non-US companies doing work in the US, our advisors can bring together the right team to help you be successful, leveraging our extensive network of attorneys, bankers, and insurance providers to support your operations in whichever states you do business.
Whether you’re a US subsidiary of a foreign parent company, a foreign company with US branches, or a business of any size planning to enter the US market, we can help manage the following challenges for you:
- Reconcile foreign government accounting principles, such as IFRS and local country accounting, with US GAAP
- Prepare and review tax compliance forms such as Form 5472, Form 1120-F, and Forms 1042 and 1042-S
- Provide comprehensive tax advisory + accounting services for multiple jurisdictions
- Craft tax equalization + totalization agreements
- Prepare transfer pricing documentation reports that meet US and OECD standards
Insights from Our International Tax Advisors
Reach Out to an Aldrich Advisor
Senior Manager, International Tax
Nick Uren, JD, MBA
Nick Uren joined Aldrich CPAs and Advisors in 2022. Nick specializes in international tax and mergers and acquisitions. Before his career at Aldrich, Nick worked for several years at two Big 4 accounting firms and most recently was a leader with Grant Thornton’s Pacific Northwest international tax practice. Nick graduated with his bachelor’s in business... Read more Nick Uren, JD, MBA
- Licensed attorney in Oregon and Washington
- International tax compliance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Inbound and outbound tax law
- Foreign entity planning and global structuring
- Cross-border IP planning
- Cross-border intercompany transactions
Looking for support or have a question?
Contact us to speak with one of our advisors