Partner, Healthcare Business Advisor
Kate Othus, MHA
Aldrich Core Consulting
- Healthcare practice assessments
- Risk and compliance assessments
- Clinic operational assessments
- Practice profitability improvement
- Dashboard and key performance indicators
- Strategic planning for healthcare organizations
- Practice management and CEO services
- Multi-specialty and single specialty clinics
- Private medical practice management
- Practice adminstration and revenue cycle
- Medical practice start-ups
- Analysis of ancillary services
Kate serves as our firm’s healthcare practice leader and is recognized in the healthcare industry as an expert on best practices for practice administration. In her role as CEO for her clients, she is responsible for developing business strategy, including establishing policies, goals and mission statements. She also closely monitors a practice’s service lines and provides recommendations to increase volume and reduce expenses. Kate works with a variety of organizations including multi-specialty and single specialty clinics and related healthcare providers. She has been a practice administrator and consultant since 2000.
Kate is an adjunct professor at Oregon Health Sciences University in the healthcare MBA program, teaching operational management and strategic planning. She is also a board member of the nonprofit Consano.
Kate received a Bachelor of Arts in exercise science from Willamette University and a Master of Public Healthcare Administration from Portland State University.
Kate was featured in the State of Reform’s “What They’re Watching” series to talk about MACRA and the cultural challenges facing providers as they have to learn to grapple with changing demands to support payment.